Thursday, October 7, 2010

Nothingness

How strange it is. I have only just discovered how to find out how many people have been visitng my blog. There were far more than I ever imagined. But I didn't know and I felt as though I was just speaking to myself all the time. And I guess because I stopped being active you have all dropped off. I mean why would you look if there was nothing more to look at!

Anyway now I know so I hope you all come back and visit again and this time I will keep on going. This is the problem when you are not so computer literate but I am learning and isn't this what life is all about. How exciting that we can continue to learn not only about our world but even better - about our God.

Recently God has been speaking to me about 'Nothingness' and over the next few blogs I would like to share a little of what I am learning. Today I will just start with a quote from Oswald Chambers in his book 'Not Knowing Where'. I so love Oswald Chambers' work. He is my mentor.

This is what he writes, 'When God puts the dark of 'nothing' into our experience, it is the most positive something He can give us. If we do anything at this point it is sure to be wrong. We have to remain in the centre of nothing and say 'Thank you' for it. When God gives us nothing it is because we are inside Him, and by determining to do something we put ourselves outside Him. This is a great lesson that few of us seem to learn.' (Oswald Chambers 'No Knowing Where' Discovery House 1957,1989 p83-84)

Think about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment