Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Writing in God's Kingdom

Once a manuscript is completed ready for an editor to point out finishing touches a new adventure begins. Some writers hunt down their contract first so they won't be wasting their time but I'm not a fan of pressure, especially with something as delicate as writing, so I wait until I am almost finished.

I reason that if God has whispered in my ear and nudged and convicted my spirit for months during the writing process then surely He can whisper in an editor's ear also!

This of course is going beyond the ways of the world into the kingdom of God where He dwells and from where we were created. And as one of His daughters I live here - even though I still walk around on planet Earth - so I am part of the atmosphere.

I have spent years studying His kingdom and exploring it and I am becoming more familiar with it's landscape. I love living in it! It's so much more bizarre, interesting, surprising and gracious than the world. My pick everytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment