Friday, May 27, 2011

New Life Begins in Person

A miracle of life! Harriet Lucy, my first grandchild.
Everyone says I am too young. And they must be right!
But the surprise is - I'm not and I so love this!

God is so clever.
Imagine planting a baby factory inside a tummy!
Imagine having the perfect frothing beverage on tap 24/7!
Imagine that first puff of wind that curls up the edges of her rosebud lips to produce that first little smile!
And yes - it all melts my heart and jerks memories from the past of sleepless nights and tiredness that digs so deeply into your pshyc that you can hardly function and yet that God-given instinct propels mothers on and on and on nurturing, protecting, loving.

There is no logic to this. It is a gift. And I get to watch and share and let my heart be melted beside my son and daughter-in-law's hearts, and aunties, and uncles and other grandparents and close friends. The melt oozes out into the community and reminds us all of You Lord - the Creator of us all. The Provider of sleep and food, our Protector, our Comforter - it brings Your character closer so that as we kiss the tip of that pretty up-turned nose - we are kissing You!

No comments:

Post a Comment