Friday, July 2, 2010

Reflections on the beach

A kindred spirit walking on the edge of the waves,
leaping the streams returning to their source,
listening to the soul melody of the waves soothing her heart's desire,
sinking into the rhythm of her Maker.
This is the place of life.
At one with my Creator,
walking in unison, in thought, in will, in love.
Listening to His thoughts as they caress my mind
infiltrating my heart.
I dwell on them, meditate, reflect,
cleanse my own prejudices, foibiles and desires
till I can hold them up pure in His piercing light.
To see His face relected in them.
How clean are they really in His eyes?
Probably filthy like the rags I used to wear
but in my eyes they are bright and shining clean.
Holy Spirit show me where I err
for without Your beam of truth
my heart is sadly decieved
even by my own whiteness.

No comments:

Post a Comment