Tuesday, June 14, 2011

God as Healer

When I discovered God as my healer I was sick! That was a shame because I hate being sick! But I was - for three long years - with a viral infection that was an inflamation of the brain that I had contracted from getting water in my ear in a swimming pool in Thailand. I collapsed in Singapore and came home to New Zealand dizzy, finding it hard to focus, difficult to move and extremely tired. And I stayed this way day after day, year after year. It was especially difficult because I had three young children to care for.

God told me He would heal me. He gave me scriptural confirmation and I prayed earnestly, beggingly (if there is such a word) everyday, many times a day. But nothing happened! Where was God my Healer who had promised to heal me?

He came in His own time after three years. After my husband had an affair and left us. And in the turmoil and grief and sleepless nights when I should have been getting worse I cried out to Him. "How am I going to cope?"

He said (and to this day I do not know if it was outloud or not), "I shall sustain your health".

God had spoken and within a week in spite of all the pain and grief I was completely healed.

God is my Healer!

No comments:

Post a Comment