Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Relaxing in the wait!

When you have at least two books waiting to go.
When you have an unpublished manuscript award for one and co-publisher deals for both, that if you go ahead will cost you dearly.
When you are writing another book.
When you feel God is saying wait and everything in you was rebelling in impatience. It is such a wonder to come to that place where at last you can give it all up and relax.

The timing is not mine. It is God's.There is no known sin holding things back. I'm eager for a continuing and growing intimacy with God and so the timing must be attached to mysteries unseen by me.

It takes me a long time to relax. There is always that tension between taking things into my own hands and not doing enough. Yet everywhere in the Bible, when God speaks in His unique way to a person, that person alway knows it is God. And they know exactly what He is saying.

All instincts may rebel, feelings of inadequacy may storm your senses as they did Moses, or doubt as they did Gideon - yet you still will know.

I know.
And for me it is to wait and watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment