Saturday, June 25, 2011

Recording God

How do you record what you believe God is saying to you?
Do you keep a journal - a spiritual diary?
Do you write down your prayers with following pages blank to record answers?

A few years ago as part of my journaling I began pausing and waiting in God's presence after laying my praise, concerns and petitions at His feet - to listen quietly.

Within this listening time I write these words at the top of a page -
"Is God saying?"
And then I begin to write down what I think God is saying to me.

Sometimes these times have produced wisdom far beyond my capacity and discernment and have left me wildly surprised.
Sometimes I have wondered if it is God or me who is speaking.
Sometimes I have received clear direction on the path I am to follow.
Sometimes I receive comfort and reassurance about my journey.

It is time and patience that proves the truth or fancy of these messages.
Try it yourself.
Ask God what He is saying to you and then record what you believe He is telling you - then wait for confirmation.

Always remember that whatever God says will always be in agreement with Scripture and His nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment