Monday, June 13, 2011

Peace in action

When I prayed for peace one year, knowing God is the 'God of Peace' (Romans 15:33),I experienced the most tumultous year you can imagine. Yet strangely and surprisingly it was through this hectic, busy, noisy, overwhelming year that God revealed Himself to me as the God of Peace.

I discovered that within chaos, as I sit with Him, walk with Him and talk with Him it is as though I am enveloped in a cloud of His protective Presence, and I experience, I know, peace regardless of my circumstanes.

He has drawn me here endless times even through difficult times such as having breast cancer, radiotherapy, being between homes with nowhere to live - just so many occassions. And the peace is real. It is so deeply ingrained, so deeply felt that it cannot be disturbed. It is solid, comforting and otherworldly because this is what it is. It is God's peace within me - not my peace!

God's ways are so different from ours they never cease to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment