Monday, June 13, 2011

Loving God

God sent His Son to die on the cross - (think and feel pain): nails, thorns, humiliation here - to pay the price for our sins(not His) - (think unselfishness, compassion and humility) - so that we can spend now and through into eternity in intimacy with Him.

It was all to reveal that He loves us!

And He continues drawing self-centered, distracted, frightened people towards Himself revealing His character, purposes and ways and manifesing Himself to us. In other words sometimes we will feel His presence and it will not only be an idea, a thought or longing.

When He comes to visit me in this way I usually cry! And I am not a crier! Perhaps He affects you differently?

He also delivers, protects and provides for us in our relationship with Him.

So how do we show Him we love Him?
How do you love God?
He tells us how in John 14:21 'He who has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me. He who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I too will love him and manifest Myself to him'.

Love = Obedience!

No comments:

Post a Comment